Thursday, May 21, 2015

Imperfect, Yet a Masterpiece (originally written 5/6/2013)

"O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it." (Psalm 139: 1-6)

Every now and then my strength and resolve to put on a brave front escapes me, and my days are just plain hard. When my body will not cooperate with the simplest tasks I ask of it, and pain will not release its unrelenting grasp, I am exhausted and overwhelmed. And...I admit it...discouraged. 
Now, I realize that I have so much to be grateful for. What is that saying about complaining about not having any shoes until I saw someone with no feet? Yes, I am certain things could be much worse. But at the moment, I don't feel like they could possibly be any worse. And so I cry, believing that I have a God that loves me and understands what I am going through, trusting Him to hold me close and comfort me. After all, I am His child, His masterpiece...a creation that is "fearfully and wonderfully made" by His loving hands.  He knows me more intimately than anyone, and no matter how imperfect I am, or where I find myself, He is there to take my hand. (See Psalm 139: 7 - 18). And I am comforted.
Tomorrow will come, and I hold onto the hope that it will be a better day.

"Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." (Psalm 100: 3-5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go" ~Genesis 28:15a~ Several weeks ago, I attended an event for ladies at my c...