Sunday, April 23, 2023

Sorrowful Nights, Merciful Mornings and Healing of Hearts

"Sing to the LORD, you saints of His; praise His holy name. For His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. You turned my wailing into dancing; You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever." ~Psalm 30:4-5; 11-12~

I heard a sermon this morning that moved my heart and spirit, bringing me to my knees before God in humility and gratitude. Despite the struggles I have gone through over the years, the pain I have experienced due to illness and injuries, and the brokenness of sorrow as loved one after loved one goes ahead of me to meet the Lord, things in my life really aren't so terrible. I live in a country that affords me the freedom to worship as I choose; I have several Bibles on my shelf that I can turn to at any time; I have a home, food, vehicles, and just enough money for my convenience and comfort. That is not the case in many countries, where poverty abounds, people are starving and there is no religious freedom. In fact, if you are a Christian in some countries, you are persecuted, even unto death. My heart is broken for those people who are in this situation and are targeted and persecuted because of their faith. But my heart is broken even more for those who don't have a relationship with God through faith in Christ at all, and I pray that a revival will sweep this world in a way we have never seen before. We need the Hand of God over our lives now more than ever, and I pray that He will heal our land as we seek His face and turn toward Him, leaving behind our bent to do things wrong. 

It is true what the Bible promises...God is ever faithful, always pouring out His grace, His mercy and His healing, no matter what circumstances look like at the moment for us. I know this because I have experienced it over and over again, and He has never, ever failed me. That's not to say I haven't experienced difficulties and sorrows...I have. In fact, the past few months have been a roller coaster ride of emotions and physical pain, having experienced a car accident in November...the injuries for which I am still receiving treatment...the loss of my mother just three days past Christmas, and the unexpected death of a dear friend and brother in March. Life isn't easy, is it? But I have a Savior and Lord who watches over me and brings me joy and light in the midst of the dark and sorrowful days, reminding me through everything that surrounds me that He is truly a mighty, loving and powerful God. 

If you are struggling today with a broken heart, a physical or mental illness, loss of a job or financial difficulties, please know that you are loved! The Bible tells us in James 1:2-4 that we should "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." Oh, that I would take that to heart, that I would persevere in my walk with Christ, and allow the difficulties and sorrows I face to cause me to grow into a mature and complete woman of faith! There is joy in the morning after a night of sorrow; His mercies are, indeed, fresh and new each day, and my heart is healed by His loving touch of comfort and strength.

God bless you, I love you.

Kathie Lea

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."

~Lamentations 3:21-23 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go" ~Genesis 28:15a~ Several weeks ago, I attended an event for ladies at my c...